Traditionally, spring and summer are considered prime time to sell your home. Boise, specifically East Boise, is growing and neighborhoods like Harris Ranch, River Heights and Surprise Valley are very desirable. So, if you’re thinking about selling, read on for your Must Do list to get you started!
To get top dollar, you will want your house to shine and stand out above all of the others that will be hitting the Boise market soon. Unless you are an expert in this area, you will want to hire an expert to help you accomplish this. An expert will likely be a trusted realtor who has a proven track record of selling in your area. This realtor will understand what buyers are looking for in specific Boise neighborhoods and will understand what buyers are willing to pay. This is important, as homes that ‘look’ right and are priced right, from the beginning, sell faster and for more ? often resulting in bidding wars!
Here are Must Do’s to get you started:
Improve Curb Appeal ?
- Tidy your landscaping. Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression, so make sure your home’s exterior is immaculate. Mow the lawn, lay fresh mulch, prune the bushes, weed the garden and plant flowers. Stay true to style of your home.
- Clean the outside. A sloppy exterior will make buyers think you’ve slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home’s siding.
- Make repairs. In a buyer’s market, you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage buyers.
- Make the front door inviting. A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so buyers can see them from the curb.
- Buy a new welcome mat.
Clean, declutter and depersonalize ?
- Remove clutter and depersonalize. Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. Clean up by renting a storage unit for knickknacks, photos, extra furniture and other personal items.
- Organize closets and drawers. Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn’t have enough storage space.
- Make every surface shine. From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between, clean your home until it sparkles.
- Take color down a notch. You might like your lime-green bedroom, but it may sour buyers. Paint your walls a neutral color that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
Interview realtors ?
- All realtors are not equal! Do your homework. Is the realtor professional? Just like you would when hiring an attorney or an accountant, you want to work with somebody who is skilled and a true professional. You are making a large investment, so you will want somebody who knows how to negotiate and handle these types of transactions.
- Interview your realtor to be sure he/she has the people skills, experience, local East Boise market experience, and professionalism to get the job done. Keep an eye out for recent sales in your area and find out which realtor made the sale. An agent who specializes in your area, such as like Harris Ranch, River Heights and Surprise Valley, may already have buyers looking in your neighborhood.
- Also, find out whether the realtor is a full-service team. Does the realtor essentially work alone or have a team of professionals working for you who will effectively market your house and professionally stage it? Staging has been proven to be a huge asset when selling houses and marketing is more important than ever in a competitive market-place.
- Hiring an experienced real estate team that can provide you hassle free advice, market analysis and staging services is the fastest and most efficient way to sell your home faster and for more.
We, at the Templeton Real Estate Group, understand how important it is to hit the market priced right and staged right, and we know how to do it. We have certified stagers and market expertise that will appeal to the most buyers and get the job done. With years of experience as top realtors in the Treasure Valley, we will sell your house using the latest marketing and negotiating skills. East Boise is our focus, and our area of expertise. We promise customer satisfaction, and our stellar service is backed up with our many happy customer testimonials.
Please, give us a call to schedule your complimentary consultation today ? Call 208.473.2203 or visit our website to sign up!
By Bonnie Way Snider, Licenced Realtor® and Blogger