Welcome to the North End! As one of Boise's most popular and vibrant neighborhoods, the North End is sure to please everyone. From its convenient location near downtown to its variety of housing options, the North End is a great place to call home.
In this guide, we'll cover everything you need to know about the North End. We are confident that you will agree that this dynamic community is indeed one of Boise's best neighborhoods to live in.
Location of the North End
The North End Boise neighborhood is definitely one of Boise's best neighborhoods to live in. Being Boise's oldest neighborhood it's full of rich history and character.
This charming neighborhood is located in the heart of the city just northwest of downtown. The location is ideal, central to many amenities while still feeling like a small town.
The North End is rated as Boise's most livable neighborhood, with easy access to parks, restaurants, shopping, and entertainment while being within walking distance of downtown Boise. Who could ask for anything more?
Housing in the North End
When considering a move to a new place, you will want to know about the housing that is available in the neighborhood.
Boise North End homes for sale range from historic Victorian mansions to apartments, single-family homes as well as new construction townhomes. Regardless of your style or budget, you're sure to find a home just for you in the North End.
North End Parks And Green Space
Living in Boise North end comes with many perks. One of which is having quick and easy access to beautiful parks and green spaces. On any given day, you can find residents out and about walking their dogs, picnicking with friends, or simply enjoying the fresh air.
- Camel's Back Park is one of the most popular parks in the area. It offers scenic views of the city, as well as a playground and picnic areas.
- Elm Grove Park is another great option, especially for young children. The park includes a splash pad, a basketball court, and a large grassy area perfect for running around or playing games.
- Julia Davis Park is home to the Boise Zoo, a rose garden, and numerous walking and biking trails.
In addition to providing a lovely place to spend time outdoors, these parks also serve an important ecological purpose. Trees and plants help to filter the air, absorb rainfall, and provide habitat for local wildlife.
Boise North end is not only making its residents happy but also helping to protect the environment. It's no wonder that Boise's North End neighborhood has become so desirable!
Schools / Education Around the North End
When deciding where to move to, education can be a very important factor. If schools are high on your list of priorities, the Boise North End neighborhood has it covered.
There are several elementary, middle, and high schools within walking distance, and each one offers a unique educational experience.
Here are just a few of the top-rated schools in the area:
- Fairmont Junior High School was founded in 1893 and has a rich history of academic excellence. The school offers a rigorous curriculum that prepares students for success in college and beyond. Fairmont Junior High School offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and service opportunities.
- Riverside Elementary School is a public school that serves students in grades K-5. The school has a strong focus on literacy and language arts, and its students consistently score above average on standardized reading and writing tests.
- Boise High School is a public high school that serves students in grades 9-12. The school has a diverse student body and offers an extensive array of extracurricular activities, from sports to theater. Its students consistently score above average on standardized tests.
Whether you are just beginning or are nearing graduation, living in the Boise North End guarantees that you’ll have access to some of the best schools in the state.
North End Shopping Opportunities
Looking for a unique shopping experience? Look no further than the North End of Boise! This historic neighborhood is home to a variety of locally-owned shops, boutiques, and galleries. With its mix of shops, restaurants, and cafes, it's the perfect place to spend an afternoon exploring.
Many of the businesses are locally owned and operated making the North End a great place to find unique gifts and items that you won't find at the big box stores.
If you’re looking for the perfect gift, something special, a new piece for your wardrobe, or you just want to support local businesses, you're sure to have a great retail experience!
Food Scene Throughout the North End
If you're lucky enough to live in Boise's North End, then you're in for a real treat when it comes to dining out. This amazing neighborhood is home to some of the best restaurants in the city, serving up everything from fresh seafood to wood-fired pizza. Here is just a sampling of the must-try restaurants:
Located in the heart of downtown Boise, Fort Street Station is a popular gathering spot for locals and visitors alike. The historic building houses a pub and restaurant, as well as a brewery and distillery.
The pub offers a variety of locally-sourced beers and spirits, as well as a menu of fresh, made-from-scratch dishes. Whether you're looking for a place to enjoy a meal with friends or catch up on the latest news, Fort Street Station is the perfect spot.
The Fork is all about fresh, local ingredients. The menu changes regularly, so there's always something new to try. If you're in the mood for something truly unique, the chef's tasting menu is definitely worth a try.
If you're in the mood for something a little more casual, Boise Fry Company is a great option. They specialize in hand-cut Idaho potatoes, which are fried to perfection and served with your choice of dipping sauce / desired toppings. They have a great selection of craft beer to wash it all down.
There’s no doubt about it, North End is definitely one of Boise's best neighborhoods to live in. Proven by this ultimate guide, North End has everything for all ages. Now, to find the perfect house!